- Finishing in one or two touches
- First-touch distribution in and near the penalty area
- Defensive tactics, especially back line organization
- Defensive clearance
- Defending free kicks
- Goalkeeper “read” and judgment
- Goalkeeper clearance and collection, coming off the line
Here are some examples of late crosses that can be used for all these purposes.
The images on this page were created by taking high-resolution photos at 9 frames per second of actual serves from the SideKick Techne® Pro, then using Photoshop to isolate just the ball from each frame and superimpose the unchanged ball image at its actual position onto the first frame.